The M24 offers a traditional recording console style interface designed to integrate with your favorite digital audio software and provide the best of both the virtual and physical worlds. The M24 will complement your existing recording software, improve your efficiency and enhance the recording experience.
The current support is for Pro Tools versions 4-8 and Logic 6,7 and 8 by way of the HUI protocol. Cubase and Nunedo 3,4 and 5 with a driver similar to the HUI protocol for both Mac and PC. Cubase and Nunedo 3,4 and 5 can also work with our new custom driver that includes in-depth plug-in support and a large number of features we have available for Sonar. The new driver is currently PC only. The M24 also supports Cakewalk Sonar versions 2-8 with a custom driver included on the disc. We also have another new Sonar driver that is available by request. The new Sonar driver adds extensive dual console support, surround features and extended soft synth support. The new Sonar driver is also 64bit compatible. Several other Daws can also work with the M24 using the HUI protocol including Samplitude and Reaper. We also support Motu Digital Performer with a custom driver that has even more features than the original Sonar driver. Currently the DP driver is compatible with 3,4 and 4.5.
The M24 has 24 motorized faders assigned in banks to control the on-screen faders in the host software. If you move a channel fader the corresponding on-screen fader will follow the movement and moving any on-screen fader in the current bank will move the corresponding M24 fader to match the corresponding position. The M24 faders can also create or update automation. The fader range is in steps as fine as .1 DB. The M24 faders can control audio track faders, master faders, effect returns and aux inputs, group and volume levels of midi tracks in the normal mode. In flip mode or by reassignment, faders can control just about any other function. Moving any fader will cause the LCD display to display the corresponding fader's channel name and control name and fader value on the top line of the LCD display and update the corresponding channel scribble.
The M24 has 24 rotary controls for use as pan controls that correspond to the on-screen pan controls in the current selected bank. The pan controls can also double for other functions depending on the host software.
Aux Send Controls, Dynamics
The top row of the M24 has 16 rotary controls and 16 switches and LEDs for auxiliary effect send control and dynamics control. The number of available auxiliary send controls per channel depends on the current host software. All 16 controls can also double for other functions including plug ins depending on the host software. Each channel in the current bank has a select switch that is used to make the Aux Sends, dynamics and EQ and plug in controls active for the selected channel. The 16 switches in the top row are used for Pre / Post select or dynamics functions and double for Window select modes, Function switch modes and Aux send mutes.
The M24 is the first control surface to feature a complete dedicated equalizer section with 12 controls divided into 4 bands. Controls are provided for Gain, Frequency and Width on each band with a band bypass and EQ type switch for each band. A soft control is provided for access to additional bands assigned in pages (software dependent) or for use as a trim control. Depending on the host software the EQ section can be configured to control a large number of software plug in effects with the ability to use the same common controls for similar functions in effects from different manufacturers across all channels. Imagine having one type of plug in EQ on several channels and another type on several channels and with the push of one switch you could jump from channel to channel and be able to instantly use the same familiar controls to control similar plug in functions.
Transport and Navigation Controls
The M24 has traditional tape style transport controls with additional controls for navigation, selection, editing, menu control and parameter adjustment.
Jog Shuttle Data Wheel
The M24 features a large jog, shuttle control that can be used for audio scrubbing, shuttling and navigation. Audio Scrubbing is similar to rocking the reels back and forth on an analog tape recorder and is used during editing to help locate the start or end points of a sound.
Zoom, Grouping and Mode Control
The M24 has 10 switches that are used for mode select and include functions for Zoom, Grouping, Markers, Plug In mode select, Utility and Function modes and LCD and pan modes depending on host software. The M24 has input and output assignment capabilities as well.
Back panel connections
The M24 has 3 midi in and 3 midi out connectors to allow for multi program use or emulation of three eight channel controllers. The accessory connector is for planned future options. The USB connector provides a high-speed connection to the host software. The USB connector is also used for software updates and several planned advanced features. The M24 has two massive internal international switching power supplies because motorized faders require well-regulated power to operate reliably. The M24 uses a standard universal power cord.
- 24 motorized 100mm touch-sensitive Alps faders with 10Bit internal resolution (1024 steps) and scalable midi resolution (7-14 Bit) depending on the Host software requirements.
- Bank swapping to access all additional channels.
- 53 digital, endless, velocity sensitive rotary knobs dedicated to panning, EQ and dynamics controls and effect send levels.
- 146 large status LEDs155 quality tactile switches
- 24 channels of dedicated rotary controls for panning
- Each of the 24 channels have 4 switches and LEDs for Solo, Mute and Channel Select and Soft. The Soft switch can be used to control Record Enable, Automation Modes and Functions, and several additional parameters including Phase and Track Archive depending on the host software.
- In addition each channel has dedicated Aux effect send controls, dynamics and equalizer controls and plug in controls all made active by the channel Select switch for the desired channel.
- All control surface faders, switches and rotary knobs can be reassigned to other functions depending on the host software and utilizing our special interface, select supported hosts can have multiple control assignments that go way beyond normal Bank swapping to offer an almost unlimited numbers of assignable functions that are instantly accessible. Even the generic mode can control and keep track of close to 1000 controllers per 24channel bank.
- The M24 has 10 switches that are used for mode select and include functions for Zoom, Grouping, Markers, Plug In mode select, Utility and Function modes and LCD and pan modes depending on host software.
- The M24 has input and output assignment capabilities as well.
- 5 Transport switches with status LEDs for Forward, Rewind, Stop, Play, Record.
- Jog /Scrub wheel for navigation to any position in the song and audio scrubbing.
- Scrub switch with status LED to activate the scrub function
- 5 Navigation, Selection switches to navigate through windows, menus and parameters
- 40 character x 4 line backlit (LCD) display for scribble strip channel names and in depth parameter information
- 3 MIDI in and 3 MIDI out connectors
- 1 USB connector
- 1 25 pin accessory connector
- 1 IEC320 Power connector for standard power cords
- Two massive internal international switching power supplies (100-250V)
- Rear-mounted power switch
weight and Construction:
- Dimensions: 37.5” (W) x 16.5” (D) x 6” (H) (952.5mm x 419.1mm x 152.4mm) (without armrest or wood trim accessories)
- Heavy Duty 16 gauge (1.57mm) steel chassis
- Weight 38 lbs or 17.6 kg (unpacked) without armrest or wood trim accessories
Diesen Artikel haben wir am Thursday, 23. July 2009 in unserem System aufgenommen.
Angebote inkl. MwSt. Gültig solange Vorrat reicht. Für Druckfehler & Irrtümer wird keine Haftung übernommen.