The Dream DA-2 is the definitive music D/A converter, providing the most accurate rendition of an audio event whether it be early music, classical, jazz, big band, a club mix or hard rock. The DA-2 conversion system provides an audio stream of such exceptional quality that will be relied upon for years to come as the definitive source for productions on CD, DVD, Super Audio CD or other formats as they become available.
The Prism Sound DA-2, 96kHz, 24-bit D/A converter provides ultimate-quality monitoring of digital audio signals. Its exceptional linearity and rock-steady clock generation and recovery ensure the highest conversion precision available for recording and mastering applications.
The DA-2 combines truly state-of-the-art audio performance with the advanced features needed by the professional to provide the most revealing, most transparent and most flexible digital to analogue conversion unit available.
Apart from its breathtaking performance, the analogue front-end of the AD-2 includes many new features: Analogue input sensitivity (and inter-channel balance) is software-programmable over the entire range with 0.05dB resolution. Just as with the AD-1, the inputs are transformerless, electronically balanced and galvanically isolated (fully floating), to ensure freedom from noise pick-up and crosstalk.
Of particular importance is the ability of the DA-2 to avoid the unpleasant effects of jitter: The exceptionally stable PLL has high jitter-attenuation, and the DA-2's digital outputs can provide a de-jittered digital feed-through for reliable digital transfers. The DA-2 also has a unique 'master clock' mode in which the effects of incoming clock jitter are eliminated completely.
The DA-2 will interface easily with other digital audio equipment; it features both high-speed and two-wire interfacing options at input and output for 88.2kHz and 96kHz rates.
The DA-2 analogue output offers simplicity and high performance with its fully-floating, electronically balanced format with precision attenuators offering an operating range that covers both professional and consumer voltage levels.
Compatible with all wordlengths from 16 to 24 bits
The DA-2 is fully compatible with recordings made at any wordlength up to 24-bits, with or without noise shaping. No adjustment is needed for sources driving only 16 bits on the interface.
Monitor the new high-rate (e.g. 96kHz) digital interface formats
The DA-2 provides support for both two-wire and double-speed AES variants now in use for higher-rate recording projects (typically 96kHz 24-bit).
Use the DA-2 as the basis of a studio monitoring system
The 7-way input selector and feed-through output (for example: driving a digital PPM) of the DA-2 can be used as the heart of your digital audio monitoring system.
Easy transfer between tape and disk
The DA-2 can act as a format converter and jitter attenuator using its array of input formats and its digital outputs. For example, it can convert between AES3 and SDIF-2 or from TOSLINK optical to AES3. It can also convert from double speed AES (typically 96kHz) to the two-wire interface format.
Use the DA-2 as your studio clock reference
The DA-2 can operate in Master Clock mode where the D/A converter timing is generated internally from a precision reference, by-passing the synchronizing PLL system altogether. If your external equipment supports it, you can use the DA-2 in this mode for the ultimate in D/A conversion quality.
Analog and conversion:
- Dynamic range: >115dB rms A-weighted, >112dB unweighted or CCIR-RMS
- THD+N at 997 Hz, 0dBFS: <-104dB(<0.0006%)
- Frequency response: 1Hz-20kHz, ±0.1dB
- Inter-channel phase deviation: < 1degree from 1Hz to 20kHz
- Idle channel noise: <-115dBFS rms
- Spuriae from small signal inputs: <-144dBFS
- Jitter rejection: Corner frequency <40Hz, rejection at 500Hz >60dB
- Outputs: Fully-floating, balanced, transformerless
- Line-up for full scale input: +5dBu - +28dBu (±0.1dB) in 0.05dB steps
- XLR (3 ports) Professional, AES3 (110ohm balanced)
- TOSLink (1 port) Optical Consumer, CP340
- BNC (2 ports) Professional, AES3-ID or Consumer, S/PDIF, IEC958 (75ohm coaxial)
- RCA/phono (1 port) Consumer, S/PDIF,IEC958 (75ohm coaxial)
- DSD inputs available as upgrade option
- Any word-length up to 24-bits
- XLR (2 ports) Professional, AES3 (110ohm balanced)
- TOSLink (1 port) Optical Consumer, CP340
- BNC (1 port, option) SDIF-2 (L,R + WCK)
- RCA/phono (1 port, option) Consumer, SPDIF/IEC958 (75ohm coaxial) (SDIF-2 coaxial Input option card is available)
- 19 inch (483mm) width (rack mountable)
- 1U (44mm) high
- 10.25 inches (260mm) deep
- 8.8lb (4Kg)
This Product was added to our system on Friday, 08. October 2010.
Angebote inkl. MwSt. Gültig solange Vorrat reicht. Für Druckfehler & Irrtümer wird keine Haftung übernommen.